What a lovely warm day here in the UK! Now that’s not something you here very often! After spending the best part of the day outside in the garden with the dogs and making the most of not having to cut the grass or trim the hedge I was in need of a fruity fix. As we were by now well in to the low 30’s by late afternoon I needed something to pick me up. As I had picked up some fruit at the beginning of the week I found myself with the dilemma of what shall I knock up?
A couple of weeks ago I picked up a copy of my first juices and smoothies by Amanda cross. Although it is written with young children in mind it is actually a great little book. I had a large pineapple and some pears on the side, all I needed was some inspiration!! Sky High it is.
It’s a very simple Smoothie or juicing recipe which took under 10 minutes to make and only a hand full of ingredients.
- If using fresh pineapple peel and cube the flesh.
- Because I was using the NutriBullet blender I chose to peel and core the pears before cutting the remaining flesh in to chunks.
- Removed peel from the lemon and placed all the fruit in the large blending cup, adding a small amount of water then fastening the lid with the built in blades.
- Now for the fun part, I loaded to blending cup in to the NutriBullet and blended for around 45 seconds.
- With two glasses already loaded with ice and a straw, I poured in the smoothie, then returned to the garden for a sip in the sun.
I was expecting this smoothie to be bitter with the amount of pineapple in it, but I was pleasantly surprised by the way the pear and lemon had taken that away.
What a lovely smoothie, it was very refreshing and was a great pick me up as it is high in carbohydrates and B vitamins which help the release of energy and the pineapple helps with digestion and of course the water for hydration.
What’s your favourite pineapple smoothie? I’d love to hear some of your smoothie and juicing recipes this summer.
Check back for more smoothie and juicing recipes coming over the next few weeks.
Thanks for reading
If you are interested all the kitchen accessories I used are listed below and are available through my on line affiliated website or direct from selected suppliers. You do not have to use my links to purchase these kitchen accessories but we may receive a commission from the sellers if you do. By you supporting me this way it helps to bring you more content in the future. I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to visit my website.
Kitchen accessories used to make the Sky high smoothie.
- Nutribullet black edition.
- Large wooden chopping board.
- Sharpe kitchen knife.
- Digital kitchen scales.